Bed Bug Preparation Sheet
- PREPARING FOR YOUR BED BUG TREATMENT
- Proper preparation is an essential step for ensuring the most effective results.
- PACKING AND PREPARATION OF FURNITURE
- All furniture should be moved back from all the walls a minimum of 2 feet.
- Mattresses and box springs should be taken out of the bed frame and stood up against the wall.
- Empty closets of all items that cannot be laundered. Items should be placed in plastic bags or containers.
- Remove articles and items from the dressers and night stands so that the interior drawers can be treated. Items should be placed in bags or containers.
- Books and magazines should also be addressed if they are stored or placed in and/or around bed(s) and chair(s).
- LAUNDERING AND VACUMMING
- All items that can be laundered should be. Including linens, bedding, pillows, throw pillows, slippers etc. Launder these articles according to the manufacturer’s label. Whenever possible the dryer should be set on high heat and items dried for a minimum of 30 mins. We recommend an hour. Do not overload the dryer.
- DISPOSAL OF FURNITURE AND POST TREATMENT
- If you decide to dispose of any furniture such as a mattress or recliners these items should be slashed so that they are not reused then shrink wrapped thoroughly so the risk of a bedbug is being displaced in a hallway etc is limited and placed in the dumpster. Bugsy’s Pest Solutions is not responsible for discarded articles or furniture.
- Any plastic bags containing potentially infested items should never be reused. All items after being laundered should be placed in new plastic bags and tied shut. If some items require dry cleaning they should be taken to the dry cleaners. Removing bed bugs through vacuuming is an essential step to the process. Vacuum floors, carpets, and area rugs. Vacuum baseboards, bed frames, sofas, futons, and recliners. Discard all vacuum bags immediately after each use.
Preparation involves everything from providing adequate access to your unit along with cleaning and post treatment recommendations.
Please note: Bugsy’s Pest Control will not provide treatment to any unit or dwelling that has not conformed to the preparations that are contained in this document.
- After treatment we recommend that tenants or occupants remain out of the unit for a minimum of 3-4 hours including pets. This prevents individuals from coming into contact with treated surfaces that still may be damp. Follow up visit for treatment will occur 12-14 days apart.